Having a pool in your backyard is all fun and games until winter arrives. If not taken care of, pools can get messy and can at least cause you discomfort if not anything. To avoid any inconvenience, you should always cover your pools with pool covers. This way, you can avoid the mess which may have happened otherwise. There are different types of pool covers on the market, each of them has its fair share of pros and cons. If you are aware of their working mechanism, you will be able to choose the best option for your pool. Whether you have an above ground or inground pool, you can easily find a cover that suits your needs
Following are some of the best pool covers which you can get for yourself.
Table of Contents
1. Blue Wave Bronze 8-Year 15-ft Round Above Ground Pool Winter Cover
- Affordable: There is no second opinion about the fact that everybody wants the best pool cover at the minimum price possible. If you are in search of an affordable and effective solution for protecting your pool all winter, this blue wave pool cover will do the job effectively and won’t disappoint either.
- Compatible: What makes this pool cover a perfect option is its unmatched compatibility. Thanks to its size and dimensions. The pool cover is ideally built for 15-foot round pools, but, due to its 19-foot circumference, you can also use it for larger pools. Its large circumference also helps a great deal in providing additional coverage. The budget pool covers usually have a 3-foot overlap on the sides. This adds more stress to the cover, which causes the cover to rip during the winter. That being said, this pool cover comes with a 4-foot overlap, due to which lesser stress is placed over the cover, which guarantees a longer life.
- Durable: The pool cover is highly durable. Thanks to its high-grade build material. The skrim and waterproof coating of this pool cover are built of rugged and durable polyethylene with heat-sealed seams, this makes it possible for them to withstand harsh weather conditions. Aside from this, the pool cover also comes pre-equipped with a UV protector which prevents fading or premature wear from the sun beating down on the cover.
- Algae Prevention: Aside from this, these pool covers also prevent algae growth. Thanks to the underside of the cover, which is a dark black color, which helps to stop algae growth. The algae growth can turn out to be a big problem once you reopen your pool in the summer. These pool covers will guarantee crystal clear water once you remove your pool’s winter cover.
- Highly affordable and easy on your pocket.
- Made from high-grade material
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Guarantees protection from algae.
- It is durable but can’t survive extreme weather conditions.
2. Sun2Solar Blue Rectangle Solar Cover:
- Pool Heating: Installing a pool heater may cost you an arm and a leg. But with Sun2Solar blue rectangle solar cover, you need not worry. These solar covers will warm your pool with a little help from the sun. What makes it even better is the fact that there’s no cost associated with them aside from the upfront price of buying the cover.
- Compatible Dimension: Irrespective of whether your pool is large or small, these pool covers have got your back. The Sun2Solar solar pool cover can easily fit 16×32-foot pools. That said, these are not rigid dimensions, given the fact that there are a few feet of overlap on either side which provides you the liberty to trim it to fit your pool. Aside from this, with Sun2Solar pool covers, you can also trim the cover to fit custom-shaped pools as well. This solar pool cover is available in many different configurations. This way, it gets easier for the consumer to find an ideal cover regardless of the size or shape of your pool.
- Temperature Retention: As discussed earlier, installing a pool heater is sometimes not possible for many reasons. This is where Sun2Solar pool covers come into play. The mechanism works by pool cover taking the UV rays from the sun and transferring heat into the pool. Aside from this, the cover helps a great deal to pool in retaining its temperature while it heats the water. Aside from this, the Sun2Solar pool covers also slows down the evaporation process by 95%. This feature makes it ideal for people who reside in areas that are highly humid and water is scarce.
- Premium Build Quality: One of the many factors which come into play when it comes to influencing the consumer’s purchase decision is the pool cover’s built quality. The cover is made of premium resin material. Aside from this, another notable thing to notice is its configuration. This solar pool cover is available in blue and clear configurations. Irrespective of the cover you choose, this pool cover will not only keep your pool warm but will also keep it clear of any filth, debris which may cause you any inconvenience later on.
- Can retain temperature.
- Made with durable material.
- Prevents the dirt and debris from entering your pool
- Easy on the pocket.
- Not any.
3. Blue Wave BWC752 Bronze 8-Year 20-ft x 40-ft Rectangular In-Ground Pool Winter Cover, Dark Navy Blue:
- Compatible: Everybody wants a pool cover that is compatible with many pools. This way, one can easily use it and can also lend it to someone in need. Thankfully, the dimensions of the Blue Wave Bronze inground pool cover make it possible for users to use it with multiple pools. The pool is primarily designed for pool sizes of 20X40 feet. That said, the dimensions of the pool make it possible to be used in pools of larger or smaller sizes.
- Pool Safety: The pool cover not only prevents the debris and dirt from entering the pool but also secures it, all thanks to its dimensions. On both sides of the swimming pool, there is a hinge every four meters to fix the lid with water pipes. Aside from this, the pool cover also features metal grommets at every corner. These metal grommets are there to tie the cover down.
- Algae Protection: As beautiful as the pool cover, the underside is equally beautiful. The pool cover has a jet-black underside, which helps in preventing algae growth. The algae growth can turn out to be a major problem once you reopen your pool in the summer. These pool covers will ensure crystal clear water once winter ends and you reopen the pool.
- Warranty: Unlike other pool covers, this pool cover comes with an 8-year-old warranty. Normally, the pool covers which are in the market do not offer a warranty but this Blue wave bronze inground pool cover comes with an 8-year long warranty. Aside from this, if you are in search of an affordable and effective solution for protecting your pool all winter, this inground blue wave pool cover will do the job effectively.
- Algae prevention
- Its larger dimension makes it compatible with many pools.
- Stops debris and dirt from entering your pool.
- Does not longer due to its substandard manufacturing quality
4: Happybuy Pool Safety Cover Fits 16x30ft Rectangle Inground Safety Pool Cover Green Mesh Solid Pool Safety Cover for Swimming Pool Winter Safety Cover:
- LongLasting: If you are done with covers with substandard quality which at times do not even last a season, have no worries. This Happy Pool inground safety pool cover will not disappoint you. The cover is made from high-grade premium material which makes sure that the cover lasts for seasons to come.
- Durable: The cover is highly durable, as it is made from rugged and thick polypropylene. This makes it almost invincible and makes it last longer than most of its counterparts.
- Algae Protection: Like I said earlier, algae growth inside the pool can be a major turnoff. Like many other pool covers, Happybuy Pool safety cover saves you from the extra effort as it prevents algae growth. The pool cover has a black underside which prevents the growth of algae and makes sure that the pool remains crystal clear once the winter ends.
- Made with strong along-lastinging material
- Highly Durable.
- Provides effective Algae protection
- Prevents the dirt from entering your pool.
- No warranty.
5. Robelle 352040R Super Winter Pool Cover for In-Ground Swimming Pools, 20 x 40-ft. In-Ground Pool
- Reliable: If you are tired of purchasing covers that do not last a season, look no further and try Robelle Winter pool cover. It is made of high-quality city premium material which makes it possible for the cover to last an entire season. The manufacturing quality of the cover is above standard, which makes it a perfect option for you.
- Warranty: Unlike other pool floats, these ones come with a 10year warranty. The pool covers which are available in the market do not offer a warranty but these Robelle inground pool covers come with a 10year long warranty. Aside from this, if you are in search of an affordable and effective solution for protecting your pool all winter, this inground blue wave pool cover will do the job effectively.
- Algae Prevention: The upper side of the pool cover is blue in color while the underside of this pool cover is pitch black color. Now, this comes in handy as it prevents the algae growth inside your pool. Aside from this, the pool cover also has water bag loops attached to it every 4 feet which helps a lot in keeping the cover secured
- Dimension: The pool features a 20×40 foot dimension which is good enough to cover an average sized pool. Aside from this, the dimensions of the pool make it possible to be used in pools of larger or smaller sizes.
- The pool cover has wide dimensions which makes it compatible with average pool size
- Prevents the pool from dirt and debris
- Prevents algae growth
- Comes with a 10 year Warranty.
- Not any
Taking care of your pool, especially in off seasons is highly underrated. People tend to ignore their pools in the off season and leave it out in the open and all they are left with is a large chunk of mess, which eventually they have to clean it. To avoid the above mentioned scenario, you can try pool covers which we have listed above. But before you buy one, make sure that
- You are well aware of your pool dimensions. This is important because if you end up buying the wrong one, you will have to return or replace it which will eventually waste your time and money as well.
- Do your due diligence before you buy a pool cover. Make sure that the brand is trusted and enjoys a positive reputation in the market.
- There are many ways through which you can conform whether the product is legit or not. For instance, you can survey the market or check for reviews online.
- Make sure that the pool cover you intend to buy provides algae protection because if it does not, then there is no use of it.
Like I said earlier, there is an abundance of pool covers in the market. Having said that, it is also true that not every pool cover is worth buying because of various reasons. The aforementioned listing will take you though the details of what you should be looking for in your pool cover. Once you go through it, you will be able to reach an informed decision.